Airbnb Privacy Guide
Airbnb: Book unique homes and experiences all over the world.
Last Updated Apr 20 2018
What Information Does Airbnb Collect?
|Device information||Airbnb automatically collects information from your device such as your hardware and software information, IP address and device identifiers. While using their service, they collect information about your location through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals.|
|Can’t remove all your information||Information that you have shared with others (like Reviews or forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the Airbnb Platform in association with your first name, even after your Airbnb Account is cancelled.|
|Messages sent to other users||App Information||YES|
|Page views||App Information||YES|
|Link clicks||App Information||YES|
|Hardware and software information||Device||YES|
|Device event information||Device||YES|
|Credit card information||Payment||YES|
|Date of birth||Personal Information||YES|
|Phone number||Personal Information||YES|
|Identity verification information||Personal Information||YES|
|Access dates and times||Time||YES|
|Address book contacts||Personal Information||NO|
|Personal description||Personal Information||NO|
|Profile picture||Personal Information||—|
|Profile information from third-party login||Third-party||—|
How to Protect Your Privacy on Airbnb
Turn off Automatic Sharing with Facebook and Google
Don’t share your Airbnb activity with Facebook friends and Google
Turn Location Services Off
Turn location services off from your phone
How to Delete Your Airbnb Account
How to Contact Airbnb About Your Privacy
- For persons whose Country of Residence is the United States: Airbnb, Inc., Legal Department, 888 Brannan Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 USA. For payments-related matters prior to April 30, 2018: Airbnb Payments, Inc., 999 Brannan Street, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA. For payments-related matters after April 30, 2018 at 8AM UTC: Airbnb Payments, Inc. 650 7th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA.
- For persons whose Country of Residence is Japan: Airbnb Global Services Limited, Legal Department, 8 Hanover Quay, Dublin 2. Ireland.
- For persons whose Country of Residence is China: Airbnb Internet (Beijing) Co., Ltd., Legal Department, Unit 2-13, Floor 14, East Tower, WFC, No.1, East Third Ring Middle Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China.
- For persons whose Country of Residence is India for payments-related matters: Airbnb Payments India Pvt. Ltd., Level 9, Spaze i-Tech Park, A1 Tower, Sector-49, Sohna Road, Gurugram INDIA 122018.
- For persons whose Country of Residence is outside of the United States, China and Japan: Airbnb Ireland UC, Data Protection Officer, 8 Hanover Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland and for payments-related matters (except for persons whose Country of Residence is India): Airbnb Payments UK Ltd., Data Protection Officer, 20-22 Bedford Row, London, WC1R 4JS, United Kingdom.